Breadwinner Cycles (United States) - Press Release: When we launched Breadwinner Cycles our mission was clear: build beautiful custom steel bicycles for people who love to ride every day. What we didn’t realize we’d get from being bike builders are all the stories our riders have lived. Adventure. Fun. Camaraderie. Joy.
As the core of so many of those stories, the B-Road has defined the Breadwinner ethos. Those stories have inspired us to continuously evolve and improve our designs and our build process. Created to smooth your path no matter the road ahead, the B-Road is the material expression of what we strive for.
We offer this 10th Anniversary B-Road as a tribute to all the riders who have made Breadwinner what it is today. Thank you!
The limited edition graphics on the 10th Anniversary B-Road are a nod to some of our favorite inspirations: classic race bikes. Each frameset will be custom designed and fit for its rider, carefully constructed with Columbus tubing.
The 10th Anniversary B-Road is topped off with components from some of our favorite Pacific Northwest partners: pick your choice of Chris King colors with hubs laced to Astral Wanderlust carbon or alloy rims – all handbuilt in house by Sugar Wheel Works. Take advantage of the special pricing on the standard GRX build kit, or inquire about a full Dream Build Package.
Expedited production means your bike will be ready in time for all those beautiful Springtime rides.
The Ideal Gravel & Adventure Road Machine:
We’re turning 10 and we’re celebrating with a special Breadwinner B-Road featuring 10 Anniversary Edition Paint, premium parts from Shimano, Chris King, and Thomson, and handbuilt wheels by Sugar Wheel Works. All our favorite parts – at a very special price.
All the features of this amazing made-to-measure steel bike have been tested and refined over our decade of building bikes. We designed the frame and components package to be well rounded and versatile with Shimano GRX, Chris King bearings throughout and Astral Cycling rim options.
* Limited edition 10th anniversary paint scheme
* CUSTOM SIZING – every bike is made to order for you
* BREADWINNER’S flat mount, thru-axle dropouts with fender and rack braze-ons
* SILCA Impero Ultimate frame pump – optional
* Wheels by SUGAR WHEEL WORKS: CHRIS KING R45CL Hubs in your choice of color (while supplies last)
* Astral Cycling Wanderlust Rims – carbon upgrade available (+$750)
* SHIMANO GRX 2x drivetrain
* THOMSON stem, seatpost and Easton EA70AX handlebars
* ENVE G-SERIES fork with fender eyelets and custom paint
* Di2 Electronic Shifting upgrade available (+$1,000)
+ Also available as Frameset (Frame and fork) starting at $2,995
We are excited to start building your new Breadwinner 10th Anniversary B-Road! Here’s how it works:
1) Place your $500 deposit
2) We will order the parts and materials right away
3) Fit discussion. As we have done for a decade, this bike will be designed just for you
4) We will invoice you as the build nears completion
5) These bikes are the first in the queue for the new year – slated for completion early 2023