Rad Power Bikes (United States) - Press Release: The RadRunner is a sleek, fun, and functional ebike that’s part moped, part cargo bike, and totally rad. Custom features at our lowest price point yet.
Oh yes, we did.
Patent-pending Passenger Package:
Other ebikes with bench-style seats have one thing in common: they offer zero means for the rider to adjust the height of their seat. This means nearly everyone is always pedaling in a poor riding position.
We are changing that in a big way. The RadRunner is the very first ebike or scooter to have an adjustable driver's seat that can either be completely flush with the passenger's seat or adjusted higher like a standard bike.
Keep the seat low so your passenger can snuggle up close or raise the seat up to get proper leg extension while pedaling. You do you.
The simplified drivetrain makes for easy riding and low maintenance. Ideal for new riders or those just looking to cruise.
LED Control Panel:
A simplified LED control panel means one click on and one click off, with additional buttons for lights and pedal assistance, and LEDs to indicate battery and assist levels.
Integrated Rear Rack:
Attach panniers, platforms, or baskets and let the bike carry your cargo. Or mount a Yepp Maxi child seat and bring your kids along for the ride.
Low-Step Frame Design:
Featuring a 16.5" stand over height, this ebike is perfect for those needing a more approachable package without sacrificing features or functionality.
Rigid Front Fork:
Stable and responsive, the rigid fork provides ultimate control when cruising around town.
High rise aluminum handlebars allow adjustment to support various arm lengths and a more laid back riding position.
Dual Leg Kickstand:
Increased stability when loading cargo or when passengers jump on the rear.
750W Bafang Geared Hub Motor:
80 Nm of torque to conquer hills and power through loose terrain like never before.
Twist Grip Throttle:
750W of power on-demand and the included on/off button allows you to only use the throttle when you want to.
Made from a layer of aramid and ceramic particles inside the tire under the tread, the Kenda K-Shield integrated tire liner is a line of defense designed to provide extra protection against punctures from thorns, glass, and other small materials.
Integrated Brake Light:
Powered using the main battery pack and features brake light functionality that is activated any time the brakes are applied.
Reflective Sidewall Striping:
Extremely durable and have a larger total reflective surface and better visibility than traditional spoke mounted reflectors.
Designed to be customized:
A total of 330 accessory combinations means your RadRunner can be uniquely yours. Compatible with our full suite of racks and platforms, and introducing our patent-pending Passenger Package and Center Console, you can accessorize to your heart's content to truly expand the bike's functionality.
- Battery: 48V, 14 Ah (672 Wh) with Lithium NCA 18650 Samsung 35E cells, rated for 800 charge cycles
- Charger: 48V, 2 Amp Rad Power Bikes smart charger, operates on both 110V and 230V AC power outlets
- Controller: 48V, 750W
- Display: Intuitive LED display that shows battery charge level, pedal assist level, and light indicator.
- Hub Motor: 750W brushless Bafang geared hub motor with 80 Nm of torque, 5:1 planetary gear reduction
- Lights: Front: LED headlight, Rear: Integrated taillight with brake light and flash mode
- Pedal Assist: Intelligent 4 level pedal assist with low profile cadence sensor
- Throttle: Half twist throttle
- Wiring: Water resistant connectors and wiring harness
- USB Ports: None
- Brake Calipers: Tektro Aries (MD-M300)
- Brake Levers: Aluminum alloy comfort grip levers with motor cutoff switch and integrated bell
- Brake Pad Material: Organic compound
- Brake Rotors: Tektro 180 mm front and rear
- Chain: KMC Z7
- Crank Set: 52T, 170 mm forged alloy, dual-sided aluminum bashguard
- Derailleur: Single speed chain tensioner
- Fenders: Optional
- Fork: Rigid steel
- Frame: 6061 aluminum
- Freewheel: DNP 16T single speed
- Gearing: Single speed, 16-52
- Grips: Durable ergonomic rubber
- Handlebars: Aluminum high rise, 660 mm wide, 10" rise
- Headset: Semi-integrated, 1-1/8" straight steerer tube
- Kickstand: Dual leg steel, spring loaded
- Pedals: Wellgo composite platform with reflectors, CrMo axle, standard 9/16" x 20 TPI threading
- Racks: Front: Optional, Rear: Integrated, 120 lb carrying capacity, 25.5 mm tubing diameter
- Rims: Double wall, 36H
- Saddle: Exclusive Rad Power Bikes moped-style, integrated steel seat post, fixed angle
- Seat Post Size: 390 mm x 27.2 mm
- Seat Post Clamp: Quick release
- Shifter: None
- Spokes: 12-gauge stainless steel, black
- Stem: 50 mm + 30º, 15 mm rise
- Tires: Exclusive Rad Power Bikes by Kenda K-Rad 20" x 3.3", K-Shield puncture-resistant liner