Giant Bicycles (Taiwan) - Last September Gustav Iden became the youngest Ironman 70.3 World Champion ever at just 23 years old. The Norwegian is no stranger to winning big events, but to date he has been focusing mostly on draft-legal Olympic distance triathlons.
Iden finished the 2019 season ranked 7th in the International Triathlon Union (ITU) world rankings and was fourth at the 2019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final in Switzerland. He also finished fourth at an ITU Olympic test event last year, a promising sign for his focus on the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Iden trains and competes with Giant bikes and gear, including the Propel Advanced SL Disc aero road bike for his ITU races. It’s built up with a CADEX WheelSystem, saddle and tires. Here’s a closer look at Iden’s 2020 race bike setup for his Olympic distance events.
- Frame and fork: Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc, Size M
- Front Wheel: CADEX 65 Disc Tubeless
- Rear Wheel: CADEX 65 Disc Tubeless
- Front tire: CADEX Race 25mm tubeless
- Rear tire: CADEX Race 25mm tubeless
- Shifter/brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Disc Brake Di2
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 53/39, 172.5mm
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Dura Ace Press fit
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace Disc, flat mount, 140mm rotor
- Stem: Giant Contact SLR Aero 140mm
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR Aero, 400mm
- Handlebar tape: Giant Stratus Lite 2.0, Black
- Saddle: CADEX Boost
- Seatpost: Giant integrated seatpost (ISP)
- Bottle cages: Giant Airway Comp
- Accessories: Garmin computer, Giant Contact Aero clip-on bar