Lapierre (France) - Press Release: The new Aircode DRS is the third version of the Lapierre aero road model since the model joined the range in 2014. As well as a brand-new, more streamlined and sleek design, this new high-speed bike plays with the laws of physics and aerodynamic resistance. It is more rigid and more aerodynamic, featuring disc brakes, as well as more comfortable than the previous model. Meeting all of these criteria seemed an impossible task just a short time ago, but our knowledge of carbon construction, discussions with Groupama-FDJ racers, CFD analysis and wind tunnel tests have opened a new chapter for this road bike. The new Aircode DRS marks a new phase of aerodynamic performance, comfort and riding sensation. And Arnaud Démare, the 2020 – and triple – champion of France on the Aircode DRS handlebars, is not going to tell you otherwise!
Do not look for cables and casing. To improve its lines, the casing and cables are now fully integrated into the cockpit and frame. To achieve this, we have developed a completely bespoke stem, added 1.5” ball bearings and a special fork. The internal routing in the frame ensures sleek lines and showcases the new design and the frame’s taut, sporty lines.
More aggressive geometry for improved performance:
We can improve the bike but what good is an aerodynamic bike without better posture for the cyclist? Improving the cyclist’s aerodynamics was also crucial for us to ensure greater speed. With a straighter and more constant saddle angle from XS to M (74°) and L to XXL (73.5°) and a slightly longer reach, the cyclist’s position is slightly lower, reducing air resistance. More projected at the front, more compact and lower, the position is simply more aerodynamic! At high speed, you will be blown away by the stability of the bike’s front thanks to the longer front wheelbase and reach and the explosive responsiveness of the rear frame with its short 405 mm bases. Taking one turn and bend after another at high speed is more thrilling than ever with the Aircode DRS precision! We have managed the unthinkable by combining stability, precision and explosiveness. So release the brakes and get your best time in all your categories!
As comfortable as riding on velvet:
Speed and comfort are not mutually exclusive. With the new Aircode DRS, you will discover what it means to ride fast as though on velvet, whatever the condition of the road! The new seat stay attachment point with the tube higher and further forward than the saddle tube disperses vibrations and eases the bending effort of the saddle post and saddle tube. The results are incredible: the Aircode DRS frame is 12% more vertically comfortable than the former Aircode SL. Combined with the tubeless wheels on all the models and tyres with 25 mm sections (the frame and fork are compatible with 28 mm tyres), cycling further and faster is a real joy.
For the road and triathlons:
In case you were wondering: the Aircode DRS 7.0 and 8.0 models come with our new Lapierre aero carbon handlebars specially designed and reinforced for the use of carbon aero bars which attach to the handlebars themselves. And with the slightly longer reach, the aerodynamic position is optimised to cycle with or without the aero bars.
Are you a thrill-seeker keen to ride an exceptional bike and have one of the lightest and most high-performing aerodynamic road bikes on the market to record your best times yet? The search is over: the Aircode DRS 8.0 offers just that! We have optimised all the details on this model and chased away grams to make the bike as light as possible where inertia is highest to accentuate the bike’s overall performance. To do so, we opted for Dura-Ace discs while our comparative tests led us to choose the best current wheelset for our Aircode DRS: the brand-new DT Swiss ARC 1100 DB wheels weighing just 1472 g in the 50 mm tubeless version. This is the winning duo to maximise overall efficiency. These ultra high-performing wheels are as comfortable on flat roads as undulating routes and, with them, you’ll be surprised as you reach more than 30 kph in ‘recovery’ mode or 40 kph with minimal effort. Like on the Aircode DRS 7.0, this premium model in Ultegra Di2 with a Prologo Dimension Nack saddle and a carbon shell and rails is sold with our compatible aero bars with the special Lapierre Aero carbon handlebars.
* This weight is given for a bike in Large size and does not include pedals. This weight can vary +/- 10%. Item may differ from photographs.
Aircode DRS 8.0 Specifications:
- Frame: New Aircode DRS Disc thru axle UD Superlight carbon
- Fork: New Aircode DRS Disc thru axle UD Superlight carbon
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-R8050-GS, 11s Electronic shift
- Front derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 FD-R8050-F, Electronic shift
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000, 52-36T 170mm (XS/S) / 172.5mm (M/L) / 175mm (XL/XXL)
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Press Fit SMBB7241B
- Sprocket: Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000 11-28T 11s
- Chain: Shimano HG601
- Discs: Shimano SMRT900 160mm/140mm Center Lock
- Shifters / Brake levers: Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8050 Electronic Shift
- Headset: Acros integrated
- Handlebar: Lapierre Aero UD carbon, Width: 400mm (XS/S), 420mm (M/L/XL), 440mm (XXL), with carbon extensions
- Bar tape: Lapierre Vexgel tape
- Stem: Lapierre, -7°, Ø: 31.8mm, L: 90mm (XS/S), 100mm (M), 110mm (L), 120mm (XL/XXL)
- Seatpost: Lapierre Aero carbon 0mm offset
- Saddle: Prologo Dimension Nack rails
- Wheelset: DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50 carbon Center Lock
- Tires: Continental GP5000 tubeless ready 700x25
- Pedals: VP-335 Clips&Strap
- Accessories: Shimano internal Battery BT-DN110-A1 / SMBCR2 Charger (USB cord)
- Weight: 7,8 kg *
- Size: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL