Garmin (United States) - Press Release: Free software release adds wrist-based running dynamics, an obstacle racing activity, targeted adaptive coaching and more.
Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) today announced new software and feature updates for select smartwatches, including Enduro™ 2, epix™ (Gen 2), fēnix® 7 series, Forerunner® series, Instinct® 2 series and MARQ® (Gen 2)1. These new features will help customers get even more from their device.
Some of the notable features2 in this free software release include:
- Wrist-Based Running Dynamics: Measure running dynamics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and more right from the wrist—no app or accessory required.
- Load Ratio: Track short-term to mid-term load ratio to help stay in shape and avoid setbacks.
- Obstacle Racing Activity: Track run time, number of obstacles, heart rate and more during obstacle course events and record split times between running and obstacle sections while racing.
- Acclimation Improvements: View altitude acclimation as a percentage and receive insights on how the body is reacting to the current elevation.
- Targeted Adaptive Coaching for Cycling: Receive an entire week of daily suggested cycling workouts directly on a compatible smartwatch3. The workouts adapt to match a cyclist’s performance and the demands of upcoming events that are added to their Garmin Connect™ calendar.
The free software updates have started to roll out to compatible devices. Customers can update their smartwatch by enabling automatic updates from their device and syncing with Garmin Connect, or by using Garmin Express™.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for adventurers, athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products that enhance experiences and enrich lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
1 For a comprehensive list of compatible devices, visit our website
2 See our website.
3 When paired with a compatible power meter (sold separately).
About Garmin International, Inc.:
Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, fēnix, Forerunner, Instinct and MARQ are registered trademarks and Enduro, epix. Garmin Connect and Garmin Express are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.