MRP (United States) - Press Release: Introducing a better way to upgrade your suspension. The “Ready to Shred” Package combines the most customizable forks on the market with a concierge experience that does the work for you, so you can spend more time on the trails, riding suspension that was made just for you.
MRP forks are built individually, to your specifications.You choose your perfect fork by selecting model, travel, offset, axle style and color, then provide us with seven tidbits of information so your fork can arrive prepped for easy installation and tuned specifically for you.
Ready to Shred Installation Prep:
We take care of the labor to make your installation process a snap, including:
- Precision steerer tube cutting
- Starnut installation
- Crown Race installation
- Inclusion of adapter for your brake brand & rotor size
Not sure what headset you have, what your steerer tube should be or if you need an adapter? No worries, we have guides on the website to help you identify this information.
Ready to Shred Tuning:
Here's where it gets really fun. We take into consideration the whole package when it comes to tuning: bike, rider, terrain and performance target. You'll answer a few questions about your weight, local terrain, and performance preferences and we'll arrive at the perfect baseline setup for you.
- Bike: For both air and coil-sprung forks, we take the amount of travel into account in our spring settings. For Ramp Control-equipped forks, this influences our starting position in the range. For volume-adjustable forks, this dictates our starting volume.
- Rider: Rider weight is the next consideration for both spring and damper setup. Weight and travel specifics help us arrive at both positive and negative air-chamber settings for air-sprung forks, and spring rate for coil-sprung forks.
- Terrain: The characteristics of your primary riding terrain help us further home-in on the perfect spring setup. For instance, steep and feature-laden trails necessitate more spring support and increased bottom-out resistance.
- Performance: Finally, we consider your performance preferences. Baseline damper settings (low-speed compression and rebound) are calculated from the spring settings arrived at from the above. Fine-tuning is accomplished by considering which you value more: big-hit performance and control or overall comfort.
With such a personalized fork, why not literally put your name on it? You get to choose your 8-character serial number. To top it off, as with all MRP suspension, your fork is dyno-tested to ensure perfect performance before heading out the door. Along with your fork, you'll find a "Ready to Shred" setup card explaining your tuning settings for future reference.
Ready to Shred is FREE for a limited time!