AbsoluteBlack (United Kingdom) - Press Release: GRAPHENpads® - the new era of braking confidence and consistency is here. Ceramic GRAPHENpads® are a completely new benchmark for the braking pad industry thanks to our unique approach to the design of backplate cooling fins, bespoke backplate coating with graphene as well as a completely new friction compound, which uses specially modified graphene instead of toxic copper. These pads fit Sram road calipers like eTap AXS as well as Level Ultimate and more.
- Compatibility: SRAM Red eTap AXS (Gen. 2 'Two-Piece' caliper), Force eTap AXS, Rival eTap AXS, Level Ultimate,TLM B1 (2020+),TL,T,Level, XX, XO, Avid Elixir 9,7,5,3,1
- Composition: Ceramic organic Performance friction compound containing graphene. Thermal coating containing graphene. We don't use copper or any heavy metals
- Usage: All weather conditions
- In the box: Two pads (set per wheel), one spring
- Lifespan: According to our own tests single set of pads lasted on average 8000km ( 4900 mi) in hilly terrain.
Brake pads are the single most important part of the bike, which determines how confidently you can descend. The key element to their optimum performance is to keep the temperature of the brake pads and the rotor as low as possible (ideally below 400C), especially on longer descends. The hotter the pads get, the faster they fade, which means they lose the ability to slow you down reliably when needed. Overheated pads lose braking consistency and behave differently each time you press the brake lever, which greatly diminishes your braking confidence, effectively making you ride much slower. This is why Shimano introduced cooling fins to disc pads in attempt to lower their operating temperature.
The ideal brake pad will have the same predictable braking power, initial braking bite and perfect modulation throughout a long descend. After 3 years of development, we believe that we have achieved just that with our GRAPHENpads®. The results of the machine tests and thermal imaging show that we were able to reduce disc pad and rotor temperature by up to 35% vs competitors and completely eliminate brake fading.
Rotors are heated repeatedly to high temperatures exceeding 500°C, increasing the danger of softening of the rotor materials by tempering. Temper softening causes increase of wear and warping of the rotor and leads to reduced brake performance. For this reason it is extremely important to evacuate heat from the rotor-pad interface as fast as possible.
The key elements of GRAPHENpads®:
*First pads on the market containing specially modified graphene in their friction compound, which greatly improves braking performance, durability and heat transfer to the backplate.
* Thanks to the backplates being entirely covered in graphene heat dissipating coating, it was possible to achieve much greater heat transfer from the friction material to the cooling fins and at the same time, increase radiation of heat (IR spectrum) by over 20% (which is very significant).
* First pads in the market with patented, angled radiator fins for superior airflow and cooling. Angle cutting provides three major benefits. 1- increased overall surface of the radiator by 40% vs standard cutting methods. 2- significantly greater airflow compared to traditional radiators that increases convective heat dissipation 3 –most importantly, 45deg angle cutting makes all the surfaces radiate the heat away from the brake pad. Heat radiation (IR spectrum) is the highest in perpendicular direction to the surface so in a standard radiator, every fin is radiating its heat at a neighboring fin, keeping more heat in the element. Our pads radiate all the heat away from the back plate.
* To date, GRAPHENpads® are the only brake pads in the market that completely eliminate toxic copper, ahead of new regulations (copper brake dust is proven to be toxic to aquatic life hence new California regulation will ban use of copper from 2025)
* Extraordinary lifespan of the brake pads and rotors. According to our own tests single set of pads lasted on average 8000km ( 4900 mi) in hilly terrain. Graphene in disc pad friction material also prolongs the life of rotors by embedding graphene particles into micropores of the rotor braking surface.
* They are produced in EU unlike majority of other pads on the market, which come from a single Taiwanese factory.
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.