Anthill Films (Canada) - Now Hiring - Manager Finance & Ops.
Anthill Films is currently looking for a Manager to handle our bookkeeping and financial processes. This is a flexible, full-time role with the majority of your time being based out of our studio in beautiful Squamish, BC. If you think you have the skills that we are looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to Anthill Films.
Studio Producer – Flex-Time Employee:
Reporting to our Executive Producer, the Finance & Operations Manager manages Anthill’s finances and coordinates day-to-day business ops, outside of our film & commercial projects.
As a small, interchangeable team, we all wear many hats at Anthill. Below is an outline of how you’ll spend most of your time, but be prepared to do whatever it takes to help bring good ideas to life.
- Record monthly transactions, balance the books and reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Manage bi-weekly payroll
- Create and send invoices, oversee accounts receivable and collections
- Make sure invoices from suppliers and contractors are accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Work with Anthill’s accounting firm to prep, deliver and update files for year-end reports and tax returns
- Create monthly financial reports and share insights
- Create financial procedures for all Anthill staff to follow
- Work with producers to create and update project budgets
- Create annual financial forecast and share quarterly updates
- Act as point person for all financial services provided to Anthill – accounting, banking, taxes, etc.
- Manage cash-flow between various bank accounts and currencies
- Lead applications to secure additional credit, applicable grants and film tax credits as needed
- Work with film tax consultants and accountant(s) to make sure Anthill maximizes tax credits for applicable projects in a timely manner
- Manage Anthill’s extended health benefits
- Work with Executive Producer to execute annual employee benefits
- Lead any insurance claims by Anthill for staff (WCB, extended health) or equipment
- Manage all aspects of Anthill office ops - rent, utilities, phone/internet, supplies, etc.
- Assist Anthill staff with shipping and customs requests to reduce costs and duties
- Assist producers with booking travel
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities to improve and streamline financial processes
- A passion for all things bikes and outdoor adventures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
- Advanced QuickBooks skills
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of bookkeeping, payroll and tax best practices