Guerrilla Gravity (United States) - Revved Industries, the parent company of Guerilla Gravity, is the bike industry’s newest and most advanced carbon fiber operation. The company is driven by a passion to evolve manufacturing technologies, supply chains, and product designs within the cycling industry. We are looking for an experienced Powder Coat Supervisor to lead a team in the proper application of powder coating of our carbon fiber bike frames. This person will work to grow the powder coating department and process improvements within our manufacturing workplace.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years powder coat lead experience
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Powder Coat Process Implementation
- Determine equipment and staffing needs in order to meet required capacity
- Work with Engineering and Operations to design, order, and implement a powder coating cell
- Assist HR in defining additional powder coating roles and hiring of those individuals
- Powder Coat Cell Management
- Develop and lead powder coating operation for carbon fiber bike frames
- Operate cell to clean, apply tape and plugs, apply primer, apply powder, sand, bake, and finish carbon fiber frames
- Train team on powder coating best practices as needs expand
- Develop process standards for powder coating
- Lead team to deliver on the required production metrics and drive for continuous improvement
Skills and Requirements:
- Safety First - establish a culture of safety
- Implement a first-rate powder coating cell capable of processing 200 frames per month
- Produce quality parts at the required rate
- Hire and lead a small powder coating team
- Implement process standards for powder coating
COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures (when on site):
Revved health and safety measures may include, but are not limited to:
- Socially distanced workspaces; limited employees in break room/ lunch room; temperature checks; required weekly COVID tests; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); and cleaning and sanitizing measures.
Revved Industries offers its Full-Time employees health insurance, Paid Time Off, Outdoor Recreation Allowance, and significant Employee Discounts on bikes and gear.
- Send Aaron your résumé to Guerrilla Gravity
- Use the subject line: “Powder Coat Supervisor”
- Instead of a cover letter, please choose one of the below to complete, and limit the response to 250 words.
- What do you view as the three most critical factors in a powder coating process that determine the quality and finish of a product?
- Discuss a time when you implemented a process improvement regarding a powder coating operation. What was the problem you solved, how did you solve it, and what was the result?
- Qualified candidates will have several working interview steps as we move forward
- Please use only email during the application process--no phone calls or walk-ins
- Immediate start date available