Halo Wheels (United Kingdom) - This warehouse based role involves a significant amount of varied manual product handling tasks including accurately receiving stock from suppliers, quality control, assisting in organising warehouse locations, picking and cross checking customer orders, packing goods, unloading and loading deliveries.
We are looking for a "team player" that will inspire and be inspired by your colleagues. Ideally you will have good communication skills as well as a reasonable knowledge of bicycles.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all stock is received and maintained in good condition and that stated quantities are accurate
- Receive stock from suppliers, unload deliveries and place in the correct position in the warehouse; check that stock is in good condition and quantities are correct
- Receive returns from customers, demonstrations and exhibitions and place in the correct position in the warehouse; check that stock is in good condition and quantities are correct
- Ensure stock is maintained in good condition, in the correct place and using the computerised system identify and correct any discrepancies
- Participate in the annual stock-take and interim stock-takes as required
- Ensure the warehouse is a safe place to work; ensure it is kept free from trip hazards, spills and obstacles
- Ensure all customer orders are despatched, so as to reach customers on time and in good condition
- Receive orders from the computer system
- Pick parts and ensure that quantities taken from stock are accurately recorded
- Pack parts so they will arrive in good condition
- Print labels
- At all times work safely, ensuring your own safety and that of others in the Company
- At all times work within all Company procedures and protocols
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Company
- Education, Knowledge and Training/Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of bike parts
- Health and Safety knowledge as required in a warehouse environment
Relevant but not essential:
- Knowledge of the main suppliers in the bicycle industry
- Knowledge of computerised stock control system
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Personal attributes and skills required to perform in the job effectively
- Work methodically and accurately, with high level of attention to detail
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Be flexible to meet deadlines
- Remain calm when under pressure
- Undertake manual handling of stock including bike frames and fully packed boxes
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter in the strictest confidence.
Please quote: 'Ison Warehouse Ops' in the subject header.
Closing Date: 15th April 2019
Please note that we may not be able to respond to all applicants individually as are expecting a high response to this vacancy.