Rocky Mountain (Canada) - At Rocky Mountain, we think that there are no trails that are impossible to tame. We have been designing the best mountain bikes since 1981, with pride, passion, and lots of fun! Whether it's at our head office in Saint-Georges, Quebec, at our Development Centre in North Vancouver, British Columbia, or in the U.S., Europe, or Asia, we are committed to working together to ensure that our bike fans have the most enjoyable experience possible.
Rocky Mountain is looking for a Brand Manager based in North Vancouver, to help share their passion for riding and the Rocky Mountain brand with people around the world. This role, reporting to the Marketing Director, is a key member of the Marketing department and will help shape the evolution of the brand and will play a lead role in implementing it.
Your mission is to build awareness of our brand and products through the creation and execution of multi- channel and globally relevant campaigns and programs. This role will partner with cross-functional teams and will be responsible for strategy development, execution, measurement, and budget management of best-in-class global marketing programs, including delivery across all owned, earned, and paid channels. You will also monitor and optimize these programs while reporting against their performance.
Your areas of responsibility are:
Maintain brand integrity and oversee overall look and feel. Work with distribution partners to foster a global brand voice (with local adaptation and execution, in multiple languages). Plan and produce photo and video shoots to support brand, product, content, and other priorities.
Plan and deliver on consumer and dealer go to market plans and product campaigns across all owned, earned, and paid channels in collaboration with cross-functional teams (Product, Sales, Digital, Community, etc.) to support awareness, consideration, and sell-through.
Deliver content that inspires, educates, and converts while maintaining the global editorial calendar.
Strategically position the brand through storytelling that resonates with our audiences to grow our communities across our blog, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
Lead our sports marketing efforts, ensuring we’re aligned with inspiring, relatable, and world-class athletes across multiple disciplines (including Enduro race team, Freeride, Trail, Gravel, etc). Build key relationships with sponsors, business partners and current and/or potential future athletes.
Oversee our global PR efforts, managing internal and external resources to support all product and brand initiatives, with support from PR Consultant and international distributors.
Other work requirements:
- Some travel is required (15-20% of time)
- A valid driver’s license required and access to a reliable vehicle preferred
- Some evening and weekend work may be required from time to time
- Flexible schedule - hours will fluctuate from time to time based on the demands of the work
To excel and thrive in this role:
- You’re a mountain biker through and through—someone who speaks the language and understands the sport, you have a passion for riding and want to share that with the world;
- You have full knowledge of mountain bike parts compatibility, and working proficiency of a mechanic;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate in our voice and imagery through storytelling, photos, videos, and social media;
- Challenges excite you and you don’t need anyone else to motivate you to produce results;
- You aren’t afraid to think big or try something new;
- You can handle projects, lots of projects, at the same time, while keeping your cool;
- You’re well organized with project management skills, able to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (from product, engineering, sales, CX…);
- You are highly skilled in the ability to quickly build relationships with other people and teams;
- You’re committed to continuously analyzing, iterating, and improving performance by digging through data and finding meaningful insights;
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communication, Business, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience in Marketing (including management experience), and 7+ years of bike industry experience
- Demonstrated experience across marketing, brand strategy, and media relations
- Experience producing or directing photo/video shoots
- Fluency in English required, bilingual with French a major asset (other languages a plus)
- Experience negotiating contracts and proposals
- Previous experience in a bike shop
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite
- Can name all three Rocky Mountain Race Face Enduro Team riders
What awaits you at Rocky Mountain:
- A passionate and diverse team
- An evolving environment, at the forefront of trends, technologies and collaborative tools
- A multi-site & bilingual context (Quebec, British Columbia, United States, Europe, Asia)
- A Group Insurance plan
- A Pension plan (on a voluntary basis, with employer contributions)
- Exceptional discounts on our bikes and related products & at our industry partners
- Diverse and motivating employee programs
- A program of paid holidays and paid personal obligations days beyond the norms
- A festive and committed spirit (when allowed!)
- A Social Club