Kinesis UK (United Kingdom) - Press Release: Be a rider, not a passenger...
The capable 29” E-Trail hardtail created for real mountain biking. Born from a love of the hardtail, and coupled with a lightweight Fazua drive system to maintain the fundamental characteristics that make sliding around the woods so fun. New and upgraded for 2021 is the Rise Pro. We’ve added a bunch of performance enhancing improvements for an even better ride.
Fazua: smaller, lighter, more natural:
Rise is a bike that doesn’t compromise on handling and ride quality just because there’s a motor attached to it. Thanks to the lightweight Fazua Evation system, bike weight is kept low, and the 400W (peak) assistance feels smooth and natural. Unlike other systems, at 15.5mph (the legal limit in the UK), the motor decouples from the drivetrain, allowing you to pedal Rise like a regular bike.
Two bikes in one:
The Fazua system features a removable battery and motor system, allowing you to replace them with a blanking plate. So when the time comes, you can ride the Rise as the capable hardtail that it is, completely unassisted.
As much as you need:
Thanks to the removable battery, you can equip yourself with a spare battery, doubling the range of the Rise. Leave it in the car at the trail-head, or put it in your bag, and only carry as much battery as you need!
Geometry leading design:
Geometry is the number one factor in the handling of a mountain bike frame.
Rise has been designed with forward thinking geometry for the ultimate ride:
- Long, low & stable: 29” Wheels, big reach numbers, small seat tubes, steep seat angles. All the right elements for a precise handling, efficient pedalling trail machine.
- Size by length: Rise features a length based sizing system. Depending on how you like your fit, you can size up or down to according to reach. Thanks to the small seat tubes and long dropper posts - each size accommodates a wide range of riders.
- Custom offset: Thanks to long front centres and a custom reduced 44mm fork offset; the increased trail of Rise creates stability without having the cumbersome handling of an overly slack bike. As a result, Rise blends high speed capability with intuitive trail manners.
Equipped for a good time:
The Rise electric mountain bike comes built for years of happy riding. We’ve equipped it with the excellent RockShox 35 Gold fork, X-Fusion Manic dropper post, Sector tubeless wheels, four piston Shimano SLX brakes and grippy Maxxis tyres. Bombproof Shimano SLX 12 speed drivetrain. You’re getting proven quality components that perform, lap after lap.
Shimano SLX 12 Speed - £3650:
- Colour Galactic Blue
- Weight RISE L2 = 19.65kg / L3 = 19.7kg
- Frame Kinesis UK RISE Hardtail 6061 Hydroformed Aluminium Frame
- Fork RockShox 35 Gold - 130mm - 44mm offset
- Shift Levers Shimano SLX 12
- Rear Mech Shimano SLX 12
- Brakes Shimano SLX - 4 piston - 180mm
- Cassette Shimano SLX 12 10-51t
- Crank Set Praxis Alloy - 165mm - 34t E-Steel Ring
- Front Hub Sector 9E E-Specific - 32h - 15x110mm
- Rear Hub Sector 9E E-Specific - 32h - 148x12mm
- Rims Sector 9E E-Specific - 35mm internal Rim
- Front Tyre Maxxis DHF WT - 29x2.5"
- Rear Tyre Maxxis Aggressor WT - 29x2.5"
- Seat Post X-Fusion Manic - Ø31.6mm - 34.9mm clamp / L1 = 125mm / L2 and L3 = 150mm / L4 = 170mm
- Handlebar Kinesis 800mm / 35mm Clamp / 25mm Rise / 9° Backsweep / 5° Upsweep
- Headset FSA No.57 - Tapered - Top: ZS44/28.6 - Bottom: ZS56/40.
- Stem 35mm length / 35mm clamp
- Grip DMR DeathGrip - Thick - Black
- Saddle WTB Volt Medium