Trek (United States) - Slash is a long-travel 29er trail bike that’s built for racing the clock or chasing your friends. 150mm of rear suspension travel, enduro-ready parts, and fast-rolling 29er wheels make Slash the perfect mountain bike for riders who wants to go big and crush techy sections with blistering speed.
Unbeatable ride quality:
Thanks to Trek's exclusive frame tech, Slash is sure-footed and composed on even the roughest trails. It plows through brutal terrain and tracks through rough corners. When you push Slash to your limit, it keeps charging.
Exclusive suspension innovation:
All Slash models feature Trek’s RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft shock. It reacts to changes in terrain faster than any other shock available, so you get more traction and more control.
Dialed frame details:
Every Slash features thoughtful frame details that all add up to a ride that looks and feels great. Mino Link lets you quickly fine-tune your geometry and Control Freak keeps your cables tidy, no matter what combination of controls you’re running.
More frame options:
Slash is now available in OCLV Mountain Carbon and Alpha Platinum Aluminum frames so more riders can get the best in long-travel 29er speed and performance. Additional bright color options for every model let you pick the Slash that matches your style.
Slash 9.9 Specifications:
- Frame: OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & 1x-specific stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 150mm travel
- Front suspension: Fox Factory 36 Float, GRIP2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension: RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Wheels: Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Tires: Bontrager SE4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Crank: SRAM X01 Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Seatpost: Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Handlebar: Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780mm width
- Grips: Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Stem: Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Headset: Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brakeset: Shimano Deore XT M8020 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Weight: 17.5˝ - 13.70 kg / 30.2 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg)
Other 2019 Slash Models:
- Slash 9.8
- Slash 9.7
- Slash C Frameset
- Slash 8
- Slash AL Frameset