[Article]: Mokwheel Mesa Lite ST Review: A Lightweight Step-Through Ebike for Urban Commuters
Mokwheel Mesa Lite ST is a comfortable and lightweight step-through e-bike that Mokwheel has introduced. At an affordable price, it offers comfortable and effortless riding with intuitive controls and various modern features.
It has a beautiful look and minimalistic design tailored for urban commuting. Who wouldn’t want a long-lasting battery that doesn’t need frequent charging? Mesa Lite ST has the solution for that to make your riding easier. It has a rear light that shines with minimal power. Saving your battery power while notifying others about your presence. It also has a rack allowing you to carry heavy cargo or other people.
These new features on this e-bike distinguish Mesa Lite ST from other e-bikes on the market and help this e-bike to stand out in the crowd.
In this review, we will discuss the specifications and performance of this e-bike and check if it is the perfect city e-bike for commuters.
Mesa Lite ST specs:
- Battery: LG 36V14.7A
- Motor: 350W
- Headlight: Integrated
- Display: LED Color Display
- Range: 50miles
- Payload Capacity: 300 lbs
- Throttle: Thumb Throttle
- Weight: 57 lbs
- Brakes: Mechanical Brakes
- Tires: 27.5" x 2.4" tires
- MSRP: $1,199.00
Mesa Lite ST Specifications in Detail:
We have already shared all the specifications of Mesa Lite ST, but there are some key points that deserve a highlight.
- Long-Performance: Mokwheel uses a big enough lithium-ion battery to enhance its performance. This long-lasting battery helps to improve service life, work efficiency, and safety.
- Long-Range: This step-through e-bike takes only 5-6 hours per charge and gives a range of 50 miles. So you can have a worry-free commute.
- 27.5’’ Bike Tires: 27.5’’ bike tires help you to be more agile and responsive. As they are not larger like 29”, they are versatile and well-suited for various terrains.
- Payload Capacity: This urban e-bike has a robust construction that ensures lasting quality. At the same time, it has a powerful 350W silent brushless motor built with a torque of 90Nm+. These combinations help this bike to carry 300 lbs even on rough roads or hills.
- LED Display: This bike has a colorful LED Display in which you can toggle through all the information and customize it according to your needs. So, with just a 3-button control, you can have a simple and minimalistic display to show all the information you need.
Mesa Lite ST pros and cons:
- The large lithium-ion battery is a great thing that Mokwheel introduced. You don’t need to charge it frequently.
- The thumb throttle is very comfortable and safer, as it will reduce wrist strain.
- The integrated rear taillight is a great addon to this e-bike for safer riding.
- Compared to other e-bikes with the same price tag, 50 miles is more than average.
- The robust construction of this step-through bike will ensure a reliable journey wherever you go.
- It has a LED Color Display that needs the 3-button control to get all the information and customize any settings.
This bike has a mechanical brake. Although mechanical brakes are effective, they may not give the same precision and stopping power as hydraulic brakes.
Frequently asked questions:
- How far can the Mesa Lite ST go? Mesa Lite ST covers an impressive range that most of its competitors fail to provide. It covers a distance of up to 50 miles on a single charge. So, it is suitable for longer rides and commutes as you don’t have to worry about running out of power.
- How heavy is the Mesa Lite ST? Mesa Lite ST weighs approximately 57 lbs. This is one of the lightweight electric bikes available on the market. For an e-bike, this is quite reasonable. If you are someone who commutes frequently, this would be a great suit for you.
- Is the Mesa Lite ST a class 2 bike? Yes, Mesa Lite ST is a class 2 e-bike. That means this step-through bike is pedal assist and comes with a throttle that allows the rider to control the motor without pedaling.
Our verdict: ride or pass?
Mesa Lite ST offers various unique and modern features that a city bike needs. That is what made this urban bike stands out in the crowd. The 350W powerful and silent brushless motor has a torque of 90Nm+. This torque helps this bike carry 300 lbs through rough roads and hills.
Apart from that, it has 27.5’’ bike tires that offer a balance between stability and agility. The tire size also provides enhanced traction and control. So you can confidently navigate various terrains, including rough roads, trails, and hills.
Overall, Meta Lite ST would be a great fit if you are looking for a long-performance e-bike that would give you a good range and hassle-free commute. So, it gets a definite “ride” verdict from us.