Gravelplus: Fit Road, Gravel & MTB Tires:
The Exploro is designed to fit road, cross and even mountain bike tires following the GravelPlus standard. The road and cross tires are 700c, the mountain bike tires use the 650b size, ensuring that all of these have virtually the same overall wheel diameter and therefore the same predictable handling. For 700c, we recommend our 3T Discus wheels, for 650b our 3T DiscusPlus wheels.
"Why is aerodynamics important on allroad (asphalt, gravel, fire roads, single track) rides?", asked 3T:
- "You may go slow off-road, but on the connecting asphalt sections you need road riding speed".
- "If you’re slow because of gradients, aero doesn’t matter much. But if it's due to head- or crosswinds, you're slow relative to the ground but very fast relative to the air and that’s what determines the resistance you experience (that’s exactly why you’re slow)".
"The key to the Exploro’s speed is the aero downtube that is wide enough to catch the airflow coming off the big front tire (a skinny downtube wouldn’t even touch the airflow). But at 50mm wide, a full airfoil with a normal ratio would have to be 150-200mm deep, causing too much surface drag. So we square off the tail, keeping most of the aero performance with a 50x75mm cross section that is also close to perfect for strength and stiffness; our Sqaero shape. The wide downtube also effectively shields the water bottles. We also use Sqaero on the headtube, seattube, seatstays and seatpost", they added.
Internal cables, hoses and seatpost clamp clean up the frame aerodynamically and visually. Dedicated FlipTop cable guides are future-proof with in mechanical & electronic versions for single & double chainrings.
Hang Loose Hanger:
Mounting a rear wheel with disc brake can be a pain, we make it easy. Forget the derailleur, focus on the disc, put the wheel in, slide thru the axle and hang the derailleur back with the wheel already securely in place.
Attach a small toptube bag onto the frame without using straps which may interfere with your knees. Several bag manufacturers make toptube bags in different sizes following this standard.
For mechanical efficiency and safety, both seatpost and seattube have a minimum insertion. The Checkpoint ensures you insert the Charlie seatpost far enough into the seattube.
- Frame Sizes:S - M - L - XL
- Fork: 3T Luteus II LTD, 3T Luteus II TEAM 15mm thru axle (included)
- BB: BB386Evo
- Chainring Fit:
- Max inner ring: 36T
- Max outer ring: 50T
- Max single ring (offset ring): 46T
- Max single ring (flat ring): 50T
- The above applies to round rings, oval rings come in various shapes and need to be measured individually.
- Headset: Integrated tapered IS42/28.6 | IS52/40
- Seatpost: 3T Charlie Sqaero (Charlie Strada is not compatible with the Exploro frame)
- Rear Axle: 142X12mm thru axle
- Rear Brake: Post mount for 160mm disc
- Cable Routing: Internal via interchangeable FlipTop covers for 1x10/11, 2x10/11, Di2, eTap
- Bag Mount: 100mm front-post-to-bearing-bore-edge
- Color: White (Team frame), Black (LTD frame), Ready-to-Paint (Team frame)
- Included in the Box: Frame, fork, seatpost, seatpost internal clamp, front thru axle, 1 front and 2 rear derailleur hangers, front derailleur cable liner, noise-cancelling foam sleeve for rear derailleur housing and brake hose
Video: All you need to know about new Exploro frame:
3T created a complete bicycle option for their EXPLORO range with the all new Exploro Team Rival. This product features the Exploro team frame outfitted with the latest products from companies like Sram, WTB and of course our own 3T components. According to 3T, "selecting the Sram Rival 1x shifting, braking and drivetrain duties was the perfect balance of performance and practicality. The 1x system gives you everything you need and nothing you don’t. Innovative, responsible and ready to tackle any conditions. WTB provides the comfort features from the amply padded Volt Pro saddle to their voluminous 47mm ByWay TCS Road Plus tires. These tires match up very well with the 24mm inner width of Fulcrum's Red Power 650b wheelset. Our ARX stem coupled with our ErNova handlebar wrapped in Corius Pro handlebar tape delivers a comfortable cushioned grip".
- Stem: 3T Arx
- Handlebar: 3T Ernova
- Crankset: Sram S351 w/ 44T XSync chainring (170mm for small size, 172.5mm for medium size and 175mm for Large and extra-large size)
- Headset: 3T Exploro sealed 1.125 - 1.5"
- Grips: 3T Corius Pro
- Bar Ends/Caps: 3T logo
- Shifters: Sram Rival
- Rear Derailleur: Sram Rival 1x Long Cage
- Chainring: Sram XSYNC, 44T
- Bottom Bracket: BB386PR for Sram
- Chain: Sram 11-speed Powerchain® II with PowerLock® connecting link
- Freewheel/CasSette: Sram 11-speed PowerGlide™ 11-42T with JET™ black finish
- Brake Levers: Sram Rival
- Front Brake: Sram Rival Post Mount Hydraulic Disc w/ SRAM 160mm Centerlock rotor
- Rear Brake: Sram Rival Post Mount Hydraulic Disc w/ SRAM 160mm Centerlock rotor
- Cables: Sram Hydraulic brake & derailleur with Jagwire sealed housing
- Saddle: WTB Vlot Pro 135mm x 265mm
- Rims/Wheelset: Fulcrum Red Power 27.5 MTB disc
- Tires: WTB ByWay TCS 650B x 47c (47-584)
- Accessories: Cable clip, sealed ferrules, Maxxis Superlight inner tubes, reflector kit
Video: 3T Exploro in action: