“The new Contessa Genius has been designed to be able to tame anything that comes its way, may it be on steep rooty climbs or fast, flowy singletracks. The bike comes with exactly the same frame as any other new Genius model, which means that, compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has a longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle”, they added.
What makes it different to the regular Genius, are the different touchpoints, which have been adapted to match female riders’ needs:
- Grips: smaller diameter and different foam (softer, nicer feeling for the hands)
- Women’s saddle: special shape, curvature and padding for added support and comfort
- Shorter stem: 40mm on Contessa Genius S/M, 50mm for L
- Narrower handlebar: 740mm
- FOX Contessa Custom Tune (Shock): Light compression Tune
- Smaller chainring on 1-by: 30T
“The Contessa Genius is the perfect bike for women willing to have fun on singletrack. The new geometry offers a very stable ride, and SCOTT made no compromises, equipping the bike with a 1x12 Sram Eagle drivetrain and other high end components. Additionally, its great how easy it is to swap from 27.5’’ to 29’’ wheels. This bike will simply bring you wherever you want, making you enjoy every climb and descent like never before”, stated Karen Eller, SCOTT ambassador and Team founder SCOTT Contessa Team.