Cotic (United Kingdom) - Press Release: The BFe is our trail bashing, downhill thrashing, park smashing, enduro winning, do-it-all fun machine.
With strong new colours and some subtle geometry tweaks, the latest edition of our hardcore classic pushes the boundaries of the aggressive hardtail even further; longer, slacker, more confident and capable than ever.
Right from its introduction in 2005, the BFe has always been the tearaway of the Cotic family. The Soul's stockier, rowdier younger brother. You know the one - loads of fun, but a bit on the wild side? That's the BFe.
This is our rowdiest hardtail, it will take everything you can throw at it, from BMX track laps to the steepest downhill lines. We have even had one sending Crabapple Hits at Whistler! Our signature Longshot geometry gives you combination of long reach and slack head angle, for all the stability and confidence you need. The steep seat angle keeps you in the centre of the bike for efficient climbing, so you can climb up the fun way for another flat out descent. At the heart of the BFe is a custom Reynolds 853 downtube, brings life and pop to the ride, and our very own FM heat treated cromoly tubeset rounds out the strongest hardtail we make. This bike is a hooligan; enduro winning speed, dual slalom sharp handling and hard hitting capabilities.
Want a pump track lapping, slalom winning berm railer? Plug in a 120mm fork for pin point accuracy. Looking for a singletrack slaying trail shredder? Go for 140mm. For downhill and enduro sending the Bfe works with up to a 160mm fork. The BFe a great value bike thats near impossible to pigeon-hole.
There are no corners cut: All the usual Cotic features of Ovalform top tube, oversized plug welded seat tube, Syntace thru axle dropouts, stealth seatpost routing and taper steerer compatible head tube are all present and correct.
The Boost 148 back end adds massive clearance for latest generation wide rubber, room for a 2.6 inch tyre and some, so you can ride in every condition with confidence. You're new hardcore hardtail is here.
Complete bike options:
Complete bikes start with our no nonsense Silver build, moves up to our high performance Gold level, and finally to the dream bike Platinum spec for all the toys. There are multiple upgrade options for each bike, including all the Hope colours, HUNT Wheels, WTB tyres, Burgtec parts, so you can make your BFe your own.
Prices start at £1799 for the BFe Silver bike.
The BFe is also available frame only, for £549 with 148mm Syntace X-12 thru axle, Seat QR, chainstay protector and all your hose clips and parts.
Build Specification - Gold:
- SRAM Eagle GX 12spd, 10-50 Cassette
- SRAM Eagle GX Cranks, 175mm, 32t X-Sync 2 Chainring, GXP BB
- Deore XT M8000 Brakes, 180/160 rotors
- X Fusion Sweep HLR 140mm, 15mm axle, taper steerer
- Hope Hoops Fortus 26 or 35, HUNT Enduro or Trail Wide
- Finishing kit, including:
- Your choice of handlebar:
- Cotic Calver Bars - 780 x 25 rise
- Burgtec Ride Wide Carbon - 800 x 20 rise (+£100)
- Your choice of Stem from the following options:
- Cotic Short Stem 35mm
- Cotic Short Stem 45mm
- Hope AM Stem 35mm in any Hope colour(+£50)
- X Fusion Manic Dropper Seatpost 125mm or 150mm drop
- Your choice of handlebar:
- Cotic Cromo Rail Saddle
- Hope Headset
- WTB G2 Series Tyres - Vigilante 27.5 x 2.5 Light High Grip Slashguard Front, Trail Boss 27.5 x 2.4 Tough Fast Rolling Rear, set up Tubeless
- Pedals not included
- Price: from £2499.