Ride freely and experience real climbs indoors:
According to Tacx, “with a maximum incline of 15% the Magnum simulates every climb as you would experience it outdoors. Riding under an actual angle gives you the advantage of training the right muscles and movements, boosting your climbing skills”.
Dual band communication:
When cycling, the Magnum measures speed, cadence and power and sends this to multiple devices at once; one to control the belt, another to read out the data. This is possible thanks to the dual band communication, it uses ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart to communicate.
A realistic run & ride:
“Both running and riding are very realistic. The bottom of the Magnum was designed to slightly dent when your foot lands on it, but is stiff as concrete while cycling. A foam core is placed in between two aluminium plates, a construction that allows for a little bit of flex in point pressure but is stiff with a larger continuous surface as a tyre”, explained Tacx.
All software options available:
The Magnum includes a 32” screen displaying the Tacx Cycling app, enabling the rider to ride famous mountains from all over the globe. When manual control is preferred, the control panel enables the rider to set the incline and speed manually. Due to its open Smart technology; the ANT+ FE-C protocol, the treadmill can also be controlled by any third party app. Training software such as Zwift or Trainerroad are fully compatible with the Magnum.
- Weight: 150kg
- Footprint: 222,5×102,5cm
- Height (incl. screen) : 160cm
- Incline range: 0 – 15%
- Incline adjustment: Automatically & manually
- Speed range: 2,4 – 30km/h*
- Speed adjustment: Automatically & manually
- Max. weight capacity: 120kg (265lbs)
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
Data Output & Control:
- Communication: ANT+ FE-C & Bluetooth Smart (open)
- Data output (cycling): Speed, power
- Data output (running): Speed, pace
- Compatible devices (control): Desktop, tablet, smartphone / Control panel
- Compatible software: Tacx & 3rd party apps and software
- Compatible devices (read only): Bike computer, sport watch
- Safety: 2 emergency stop buttons, safety cord
- Compartments: 2 on sides, 1 on front
- Included: Screen 32’, Tacx Cycling app, ANT+ dongle
Video - Peter Sagan meets Tacx Magnum Smart:
Video - Revolutionary Tacx Magnum Smart - the possibilities: