RAAW Mountain Bikes (Germany) - Press Release: The first Madonna was launched in 2017 and started the journey of RAAW. Since then we’ve been very privileged to meet many riders and share endless kilometres of trails. It’s been an amazing experience so far. And as it goes in life things evolve and change, we gather experience and constantly aim to improve. The Madonna V2 is the result of all the riding, observing and chin-scratching we have done over the past two years.
The Madonna V2 can be ordered now and will be shipped by the end of February.
Designed for the roughest tracks in the world the Madonna V2 is built to be fast and predictable. The complete package of all angles and lengths makes the bike stable at high speeds and very controllable in corners. The bike’s predictable behaviour is achieved by using a balanced design from front to back and will make you feel at home straight away.
Four different frame-sizes give riders between 158cm and 200cm a perfect fit, with room for riding style preferences. The steps between the four sizes are evenly distributed with 25mm reach steps between sizes and 15mm head tube length steps. The four sizes feature three different seat tube angles to maintain a balanced and centred seated position that still leaves some room for the upper body to move.
The geometry numbers are based around a 170mm travel fork. The option of 180mm travel up front will also fit the Madonna V2 like a dream but would alter the geometry slightly.
A Little More Send:
With the Madonna V2 we’ve reinforced what the first Madonna was initially designed for. While being an excellent climber the focus still remains on downhill performance. The head angle is slackened to 64.5˚ and accompanied by a 44mm offset fork. The reach and stack numbers have grown giving the bike an even more planted character.
We use different chain stay lengths between frame sizes because we believe it’s very important to have balance between the front and rear of the bike. But we also appreciate that riders have their own preferences. Therefore, we’ve designed the dropouts with inserts. The different frame sizes come with growing chain stay lengths following what we think fits best. But we also offer additional inserts in our shop so you can change and experiment with different chain stay lengths.
- Travel front/ back 170mm (180) / 160mm
- Wheel size 29” (740-755mm)
- Max tire width 2.6” (66mm)
- Tire clearance 84mm
- Rear hub 148 x 12
- Shifting One-by only, boost, 36t max
- BB 73mm BSA / ISCG05
- Brake 203mm Postmount
- Seat tube diameter 31.6mm inside, 35mm outside
- Internal seatpost routing Yes
- Shock remote routing Yes
- Seatpost max insert S 225mm / M 240mm / L 275mm / XL 275mm
- Headset 44 / 56 Zero stack
- Cable routing All external
- Tire to seat tube clearance 10 – 18mm (depending on size and tire)
- Shock hardware Ball bearings and hardware included
- Bearings main pivot 2 x 61808-2RS1 (52 x 40 x 7)
- Bearings other pivots 10 x 91903-2RS1 (28 x 15 x 7)
- Recommended fork dimensions ATC 577.1mm – Offset 44mm
- Shock dimensions 205 x 60 or 205 x 65 – Trunnion
- Weight 3.6kg (incl. all hardware, w/o shock, size S)
- Material AL 6066 T6
- Colours Matt Black and raw with matt clear coat