Sonder Bikes (United Kingdom) - Press Release: Quick, lightweight 29er modern mountain bike, a genuine multi-activity hardtail. Fast and fun without any fuss. Set it up for XC race speed and a trail centre slayer or set it up for all-day comfort loaded with bags and ride rugged country, bothy trips to Cape Wrath and beyond.
Hardtail 29er trail centre mountain bike come bikepacker compatible with 650b+. Its beauty is in its simplicity, but don’t confuse simple with basic. Cleans lines, internal routing make Frontier an exceptional bike.
Frontier is our alloy 29er hardtail - ride it hard around the trail centre, load it up and sneak off for a midweek bikepacking trip through mid-Wales, pocket your passport and continue much further afield.
The geometry is relaxed for long day comfort but its no slouch. The 6061 aluminium frame provides a durable, low maintenance and stiff chassis giving a responsive kick as you demand power when the slope steepens or enjoy feedback and precision through the corners.
Frontier can be tailored to ride how you want it to ride. If fully rigid is not for you the geometry and head angle allows capacity to take a 100 mm fork. So you can have it set up for XC race speed or all-day comfort and put in the miles. Big tyre clearance gives you the choice of 27.5+ or 29in wheelsets. QR Boost 141 mm rear spacing provide the benefit of stronger, stiffer and more efficient wheels.
Optimised for 1x drivetrains, Frontier is available in NX1 builds with rigid or suspension forks.
Frontier excels both loaded and unloaded, absorbing every surface you ride - you decide how you want to pack for your adventure. With full rack mounts at the back and multiple boss mounts on the fork Frontier is an adaptable offroad explorer. Responsive when loaded up in the modern lightweight bikepacking style of travel, it is more than happy for a set of panniers to be thrown over it.
Wherever you are in the world - squeezing in an after work loop or halfway through an adventure of a lifetime; Frontier eats up long-distance trails with style and comfort with the shameless enthusiasm of a trail centre hardtail.
SRAM SX Eagle, 1 x 12 Recon Hobo 29er:
- Frame: Sonder Frontier Frame
- Fork: Rockshox Recon RL Silver, 29er, 100 mm travel
- Headset: Love Mud Rumour, Integrated Sealed Bearing, Tapered
- Seat clamp: Love Mud Vice, 34.9 mm
- Brake Front: SRAM Level
- Brake Rear: SRAM Level
- Rotor Rear: Avid Centreline 160 mm
- Rotor Front: Avid Centreline 180 mm
- Rear mech: SRAM SX Eagle Rear Derailleur 1x12 Long Cage
- Shifter Rear: SRAM SX 12sp
- Chainset: SRAM SX Chainset Powerspline 32T
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Powerspline
- Chain: NX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1210 12sp, 11-50t
- Stem: Love Mud Piskie, 31.8 mm
- Seatpost: Love Mud Membar, 31.6 mm
- Saddle: Love Mud Abode
- Tape/Grips: Love Mud Clutch
- Handlebar: Love Mud Aspect Riser, 780 mm
- Wheels: Love Mud Hobo 29er Wheelset
- Tyres: WTB Trail Boss 2.4 Comp
- Tubes: WTB Inner Tube Presta 29
- Frame: S: 1.7 kg; M: 1.8 kg; L: 1.86 kg; XL: 2 kg
- Built: 12.5 kg; M: 12.7 kg; L: 12.8 kg; XL: 13.3 kg