Cannondale (United States) - Habit. A Mountain Bike for Mountain Biking.
Climbs and Descends like a Champ:
Equipped with 29" wheels, Big grippy tires and 130mm of travel front and rear, the Habit is built to tame unruly trails everywhere.
Modern Trail Spec:
The Habit is ready to ride with properly wide bars, a short stem, powerful brakes, 1X drivetrain and, of course, a dropper post- all to give the rider complete command of the trail, any trail.
The Habit is designed to be a "daily ride" with proven durable suspension pivots, tube-in-tube internal cable routing and is built for easy service- no proprietary tools required.
The Habit's all-new suspension design philosophy delivers a bike engineered for every size rider, meaning optimized kinematics for all. Utilizing size-specific Center-of-Gravity (COG) data, the suspension linkage arrangement for every size of bike was tailored so that each rider experiences optimized suspension performance while braking and improved overall peddling efficiency. Proportional Response optimizes Habit's ride for more control, more efficiency and flat out more fun.
For those keeping score, Ai is like Boost but way better. Ai paved the way for the Habit to have 435mm chainstays that are more nimble and capable in corners while still having loads of tire clearance and stiffness.
Modern Trail Geometry:
With a 66 degree headtube angle and a steep seattube angle the Habit puts the rider in the right position for when the trails head up, and gets the saddle down low and out of the way when it's time to get down.
Design engineer Josh Hursh will walk you through the show-stopping newness of the Habit, in particular Proportional Response, Cannondale’s suspension design approach that optimizes on-trail performance no matter a rider’s size.
Habit Carbon 1 Specifications:
- Frame: All-New Habit, 130mm travel, BallisTec Carbon Frame and Swingarm, Proportional Response Tuned, Ai offset drivetrain, ISCG05, PF30, Post mount brake, tapered headtube
- Fork: Fox Float Factory 34, 140mm, FIT4 Damper, 3-Pos adj., Kashima coating, 15x110, tapered steerer, 51mm offset
- Rear Shock: Fox Float Factory DPX2 EVOL, 130mm, 3-Pos adj.
- Rims: Stan’s NoTubes Arch MK3, 28h, tubeless ready
- Hubs: Shimano XTR 15x110 front, 12x148 rear 28h, straight pull
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition, straight pull (Ai Offset dish - rear)
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 29 x 2.5" WT front, High Roller II 2.3" rear, 3C compound, Max Terra, EXO puncture protection, tubeless ready
- Pedals: Not Included
- Crank: Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30 w/ X-Sync SpideRing, 30T Ai Offset
- Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Chain: Shimano XTR, 12-speed
- Rear Cogs: Shimano XTR, 10-51, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR, Shadow Plus, 12-speed
- Shifters: Shimano XTR, 12-speed
- Handlebar: Cannondale C1 Riser, Carbon, 15mm rise, 9° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm
- Grips: Cannondale Locking Grips
- Stem: Cannondale C1, 3D Forged 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 0°
- Headset: Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings
- Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail, 4 piston, 180/180mm RT900 rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano XTR Trail with Reach Adjust
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Shallow Race, ti rails
- Seatpost: Fox Factory Transfer dropper, Kashima coating, internal routing, 31.6, 100mm (S), 150mm (M-XL)
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Habit Carbon 2
- Habit Carbon 3
- Habit Carbon 4
- Habit Carbon 5
- Habit Carbon Women's 1