Rocky Mountain (Canada) - Wade Simmons has always been an innovator, and the impact he’s made on mountain biking has landed him in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, given him countless parts in mountain bike films, and he’s earned himself the nickname, the “Godfather of Freeride”.
In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s, Wade saw how focused riders were on the structure of racing and events and hopped on his bike to ride in the complete opposite direction. He saw his bike as an outlet for adventure and a chance to be creative on the trail rather than rehearsed. Fast forward more than two decades later, and Wade still embodies the soul of the sport to its full extent. He was an early adopter of e-bikes because they give riders the opportunity to look at riding in a whole new light. They truly are a natural extension of his freeride roots.
"I have been a believer in e-bikes from our very first design, and my mind is still racing with the possibilities they provide! Our latest Instinct Powerplay with the new Dyname 4.0 motor, has more torque than the competition, meaning you’ll be leaving your friends behind as you go further, conquering more challenging terrain." - Wade Simmons.
- Frame: Instinct Powerplay, size Large, RIDE-4 Position 3, Short chainstay position
- Drive: Dyname 4.0, 700 W, 108Nm Battery: 720 Wh Removable Integrated Li-Ion
- Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Air, 150 mm
- Shock: FOX X2 210x55 w/ Rocky Mountain shock bearing eyelets
- Stem: Race Face Atlas 32 mm reach, 35 mm clamp
- Handlebar: Race Face Atlas 800 mm width, 35 mm clamp, 35 mm rise
- Grips: Race Face Half Nelson
- Brakes: Shimano XTR 9120 4-Piston Finned Metal Pads XTR Rotors 203mm
- Shifter: Shimano XTR 12-speed
- Crankset: Race Face Aeffect
- Derailleur: Shimano XTR 12-speed
- Cassette: Shimano XTR, 10-51t
- Chain: Shimano XTR
- Pedals: Shimano XTR
- Wheels: Race Face Turbine R, 29”, 28”
- Tires: Minion Assegai MaxxGrip DD 29x2.5WT / Maxxis DHR2 MaxxGrip DH 29x2.5WT
- Seatpost: Race Face Turbine R 150mm 30.9
- Saddle: WTB Silverado