Cane Creek (United States) - Reports to: Production Manager.
The Warehouse & Inventory Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Warehouse and Inventory Operation, including Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling, and Inventory control. They, along with their team, ensure that products are packed and shipped with the highest quality and accuracy to Cane Creek customers around the globe; that materials are received, inspected, and stored accurately; and that the warehouse is organized and maintained for safe and efficient operation.
This position requires someone highly organized with excellent planning and communication skills to coordinate the activities of multiple employees accomplishing a variety of tasks simultaneously. They will report on shipping statuses and work closely with the Production Manager, Planner, and others to coordinate daily shipments. They also interface with carriers and freight forwarders to facilitate domestic and international shipments.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Coordinate the daily activities of the Warehouse team to accurately pack and ship products according to the shipping plan, as well as work with the shippers, freight carriers and freight forwarders to coordinate said shipments.
- Act as the back-up to Shipping Manager in the creation of Commercial Invoices, SLI’s, Bills of Lading, etc… Also act as the back-up for processing orders using UPS Worldship, FEDEX, and other software systems.
- Interface with Quality Control and Accounting to return nonconforming goods to suppliers via the RMA process.
- Oversee that incoming materials are checked in and verified against their packing lists, that incoming inspection items are routed properly for inspection and that all materials are stored properly in the correct locations.
- Compile and distribute monthly shipping/ receiving metrics.
- Create and maintain SOP’s for all major shipping, receiving and warehouse procedures.
- Ensure adequate back-up training for all shipping, receiving and warehouse jobs.
- Oversee that efficient communication with Material Handler and Production Team Leaders happens to ensure the efficient flow of materials from the warehouse to the production floor. See that the finished goods are checked for quantity and serial number accuracy, and then efficiently brought to the warehouse.
- Responsible for the safety of all employees through the proper training and use of forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, carts, etc…
- Ensure regular periodic cycle counting of inventory items.
- Ensure the warehouse is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion, that the warehouse is organized for the efficient flow of materials, that racks are labeled appropriately and that strategic re-organization happens as needed in special circumstances.
- Calculate and submit to Accounting necessary inventory adjustments.
Additionally, the Warehouse & Inventory Manager will continuously look to develop more efficient procedures essential for minimizing mistakes in all areas. They will train the team in any new procedures and strive to continuously improve the quality, quantity, and accuracy of shipments. They must also provide leadership in problem solving when the need arises.
As this position will routinely interface with other Managers, Accounting, Purchasing, Production, and Quality Control, the proper candidate will possess the necessary interpersonal skills to communicate concisely and professionally at all levels with sensitivity to others.
- College level education or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not a deal breaker.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising others in a Shipping/Receiving Warehouse environment
- International shipping experience
- Ability to lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office – especially Excel, experience with an ERP system– Epicor experience would be a bonus, etc…)
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and disciplined with strong interpersonal and communication skills