European Cyclists Federation (Belgium) - Announcement for a Communications Intern.
ECF is looking for a motivated Communications Intern to join its team in
About the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF):
- We are the single European umbrella federation of member-based civil society organisations advocating and working for more and better cycling.
- We promote cycling as a sustainable and healthy means of transport and leisure.
- With more than 60 member organisations from over 40 countries, we harness the power of European cycling movements as the only voice at the pan-European level.
- We are based in Brussels and our roots are in Europe, but the challenges we face are global, and we are ready to meet them as the world’s largest and best-known cyclists’ advocacy organisation.
The Communications Intern will work with the Communications team to help boost the advocacy, impact and reach of ECF. Tasks include producing social media content; drafting and editing articles and newsletters; creating graphics and visual material; monitoring media engagement and analysing ECF’s digital outreach – all to help fulfil the ECF 2030 Strategy.
Specific responsibilities for the Communications Intern:
- manage and produce content for social media
- write and edit articles, newsletters and mailings
- create graphics, videos and other creative material for online use
- monitor ECF media mentions and research media hooks
- analyse the performance of ECF’s digital outreach
- research mobility-related events and speaking opportunities for ECF staff
- help keep the ECF website up to date
- support the Communications activities of the Partnership for Active Travel and Health
What do we offer?
You will have a place in Europe’s and the world’s largest pro-cycling federation to promote cycling as the healthiest, most climate-friendly and efficient means of transport and leisure.
Your internship will be in an office located in the heart of Brussels full of friendly, passionate and international colleagues. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and to demonstrate creativity, initiative, research and management skills as well as to work on community building, advocacy and cycling-related issues while building your cycling network.
We offer a full time 26-week internship paid approximately €978 monthly.
This is a professional internship agreement, according to Belgian law, called Convention d’immersion professionnelle (FR) or Beroepsinlevingsovereenkomst (NL). It includes a clear description of
the tasks and the expected competences acquired by the end of the internship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU and live and work in Belgium during their internship.
Who are we looking for?
- A highly motivated individual with an open-minded, proactive attitude and a willingness to learn
- A person with strong ethical standards, ready to work in an international and multicultural environment
- A fluent English speaker
- A person with a sharp pen and excellent writing skills
- A person with experience in using social media and other digital communications platforms professionally
- A creative individual with an eye for visual design
- Someone with the legal right to work in Belgium
How to apply?
Please send a CV and a short cover letter in English in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ”First Name Last Name - ECF Communications Intern” by midnight 11 August 2023 (Midnight CET). Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The chosen candidate will ideally start 12 September 2023.
Interviews will be conducted online. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ECF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.