European Cyclists Federation (Belgium) - ECF is looking for a motivated Members & Networks Intern to join its team in Brussels.
About the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF):
- We are the single European umbrella federation of member-based civil society organisations advocating and working for more and better cycling.
- We promote cycling as a sustainable and healthy means of transport and leisure.
- With more than 60 member organisations from over 40 countries, we harness the power of European cycling movements as the only voice at the pan-European level.
- We are based in Brussels and our roots are in Europe, but the challenges we face are global, and we are ready to meet them as the world’s largest and best-known cyclists’ advocacy organisation.
The Members & Networks Intern will support activities related to ECF’s members, Cities & Regions for Cyclists, and Cycle-Friendly Employer Consortium, as well as external networks and partnerships ECF is present in. They will also provide direct support on business development and fundraising activities, including research, tracking and preparation of
The Members & Networks Intern will directly collaborate with the Members & Networks Manager, and tasks will be focused on:
- Support communications;
- content generation for website and social media platforms,
- writing/editing articles featuring stories from our members and networks,
- update of webpages and preparation of dedicated newsletters
- Support planning and execution of activities;
- Webinars/ workshops; coordination of logistics, registrations and problem-solving of practical issues that arise
- Community satisfaction surveys and result evaluation
- Assist with administration
- general; maintain databases and mailing lists up to date, organisation of meetings; agenda and logistics, taking minutes, preparing presentations, formatting of documents
- financial administration support; reporting as necessary
The Members & Networks Intern will also provide direct support to the CEO and the Policy & Development Director on:
- Desktop research on business development and fundraising as well as tracking and preparation of meetings.
What do we offer?
You will have a place in Europe’s and the world’s largest pro-cycling federation to promote cycling as the healthiest, most climate-friendly and efficient means of transport and leisure.
Your internship will be in an office located in the heart of Brussels and full of friendly, passionate and international colleagues. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and to demonstrate creativity, initiative, research skills as well as to work on community building, project management and cycling-related issues while building your cycling network.
We offer a full time 26-week internship paid approximately €978 monthly.
This is a professional internship agreement, according to Belgian law, called Convention d’immersion professionnelle (FR) or Beroepsinlevingsovereenkomst (NL). It includes a clear description of the tasks and the expected competences acquired by the end of the internship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU (European Union) and able to live and work in Belgium during their internship. The candidate should be able to start in September 2023.