FARA Cycling (Norway) - Fara Cycling is a fast growing cycling brand based in Oslo, Norway. Our main hub of activity is our Experience Center in Oslo, but we also have an R&D and production facility in Taichung, Taiwan. We started our journey 7 years ago with the singular aim: to change the way people buy bikes. We challenged a stagnant industry and made our own path by building high quality, nordic-design inspired bikes available to our customers around the world through our innovative e-commerce platform. We created a global cycling brand that reaches its engaged community through amazing customer experiences and inspires our customers to embark on their own adventures.
We are a small and dynamic team of highly enthusiastic members with a passion for cycling, customer service and the Fara Cycling brand. We work independently with complete ownership over defined areas of responsibility, but also pull together when needed. In a fast paced growth company, you will be challenged to create initiatives, make decisions and take ownership of the company’s success. Every day will bring a new challenge and the successful candidate will not be afraid to “get your hands dirty” and be a master of a few trades. You will not be working within guidelines, you will be writing them.
Our goal is to create Norway’s preferred cycling brand with a highly exportable flavor. We are inspired by the strong sporting brands that have come out of Scandinavia before us. Currently our sales are predominantly domestic, but export sales to customers all over the world are growing quickly. We have high ambitions to be a global brand and believe there is a space in the cycling market for a unique forward-thinking, e-commerce driven cycling brand. We offer an exciting, creative atmosphere in a quickly scaling international action sports company.
Being a true digital DTC cycling brand in the making, our marketing and sales are and should be completely interconnected. Therefore we are looking for a strong new team leader that is a marketing mastermind with a growth mindset. You will head up our Marketing & Sales team, creating the direction and initiatives that will fuel our growth (drive Fara Cycling towards achieving its long term goals) in the years to come.
The Head of Marketing and Sales will drive an critical part of our business:
- Brand Positioning - develop and implement a clear and integrated brand strategy in order to set us up for consistency and growth
- Go to Market - you and your team will own our go to market strategy in existing, but also new marketplaces. How do we build upon our domestic success also in global markets? (example: we have a physical Experience Center in Oslo. Should that be part of our expansion strategy?)
- Community Management - responsible for creating and implementing the company's community-building strategy. You own all communication channels for our brand.
- Creative - you and your team will own the creative direction of the brand, working closely together with our partner agency. You will develop awesome content, stories and campaigns that will be run through our channels, driving the growth of our community and the growth of our brand through strong funnel management.
- Partner Management - you will partner-up with relevant parties that can truly help Fara Cycling in its positioning and its growth. You will bring Fara to the forefront of the cycling industry.
- E-commerce - you (and your team) will own our main sales channel: faracycling.com. As we are not working with traditional retailers, our website needs to be state of the art when it comes to consumer experience and consumer journey. You will ensure we implement the best customer service solutions, that we use strong trading and communication technologies and that our team is hitting our growth targets. You ensure having relevant digital commerce talent in place to run the daily operations and development.
- Digitalization - together with your counterpart (Head of Operations) you will transform Fara Cycling to a true tech-driven company ensuring we leverage state of the art solutions for industry leading customer experience and efficiency.
- Budget - you own the Marketing and Sales budget
- Leadership and management - you are responsible for the positioning and growth of the brand. That comes with strong management and strong ability to build a highly talented team around you.
- The Head of Marketing & Sales is responsible for strengthening the brand positioning of Fara Cycling and delivering against our ambitious growth plan. In this role you will build your Brand Management and Sales team (internally/externally).
- Your main counterpart will be the Head of Operations. We are in the process of hiring this colleague.
- You will report directly to the CEO of Fara Cycling
This is the experience you bring:
- 5+ years of related Brand Building and E-commerce experience.
- You are a leader and will set up your team for success. You bring a performance mentality to the table while leaving a lot of smiles on people's faces.
- You bring experience from a strong growth company, understanding what it takes to scale an exciting brand. You have worked in a fast paced environment and have a proven growth track record.
- You are a creative and hands-on professional, with a deep understanding of consumer journeys and how to leverage digital marketing to digitally sell relatively high priced dream bikes.
- You bring digitalisation experience. You know what technologies to use in order to digitize our brand and our consumer journey effectively (with support).
- Hopefully you will bring many more things to the table, but let´s start with above.
What’s on offer:
- A critical leadership role in a fast growing fantastic cycling brand
- A no-nonsense, forward-leaning entrepreneurial team with passion for high-end cycling and design
- A global oriented company with a team in Norway as well as Taiwan
- A competitive remuneration, aligned with experience level
- An opportunity to leave a footprint in the fast growing cycling industry