FARA Cycling (Norway) - Fara Cycling is a fast growing cycling brand based in Oslo, Norway. Our main hub of activity is our Experience Center in Oslo, but we also have an R&D and production facility in Taichung, Taiwan. We started our journey 7 years ago with the singular aim: to change the way people buy bikes. We challenged a stagnant industry and made our own path by building high quality, nordic-design inspired bikes available to our customers around the world through our innovative e-commerce platform. We created a global cycling brand that reaches its engaged community through amazing customer experiences and inspires our customers to embark on their own adventures.
We are a small and dynamic team of highly enthusiastic members with a passion for cycling, customer service and the Fara Cycling brand. We work independently with complete ownership over defined areas of responsibility, but also pull together when needed. In a fast paced growth company, you will be challenged to create initiatives, make decisions and take ownership of the company’s success. Every day will bring a new challenge and the successful candidate will not be afraid to “get your hands dirty” and be a master of a few trades. You will not be working within guidelines, you will be writing them.
Our goal is to create Norway’s preferred cycling brand with a highly exportable flavor. We are inspired by the strong sporting brands that have come out of Scandinavia before us. Currently our sales are predominantly domestic, but export sales to customers all over the world are growing quickly. We have high ambitions to be a global brand and believe there is a space in the cycling market for a unique forward-thinking, e-commerce driven cycling brand. We offer an exciting, creative atmosphere in a quickly scaling international action sports company.
This is such an exciting opportunity. In this role you and your team will have the singular mission of enabling a fast growing direct to consumer business model in a green field space. Your full focus will be on creating a digitally integrated value chain that can handle profitable growth and can deliver trustworthy and premium consumer experiences.
The Head of Operations will take ownership of a critical part of our business:
- Digitalization and integration of our entire Value Chain - together with your counterpart (Head of Marketing & Sales) you will drive the Fara Cycling brand through innovative and industry leading solutions, to ensure we leverage state of the art technology. You will own digital product management and value chain integration.
- Demand Planning and Inventory Management - you will ensure we plan against future demand in close alignment with the commercial side of the organization. Our bikes are made of many components. Good planning is of importance.
- Purchasing - you and your team will manage our purchasing and own subsequent buying budgets. Your responsibility will be to deliver a high quality, efficient and profitable assortment while reducing lead times
- E-commerce Fulfillment - in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing and Sales, you deliver our bikes profitably across the world against a fantastic customer journey.
- Production/QC/Assembly - you own the partnerships with our OE and 3rd party component vendors. You ensure our quality is high and consistent and you deliver a professional inhouse assembly process before shipping final bikes out to consumers.
- Process Management - you are consistently looking at optimisation of our processes in order to continue to work in the most efficient way possible, in a growing environment.
- Budget - you are spending a lot of cash. You ensure to manage your budgets in line with our plans and adjust instantly where needed in close alignment with business partners.
- Leadership and Management - you are responsible for enabling the growth of the brand. That comes with strong management and strong ability to build a highly talented team around you.
- The Head of Operations is responsible for enabling our ambitious growth plan. We have existing team members in place in both Norway and Taiwan, but in this role you will get the opportunity to further build the team.
- Your main counterpart will be the Head of Marketing and Sales. We are in the process of hiring this colleague.
- You will report straight into the CEO of Fara Cycling
This is the experience you bring:
- 5+ years of Operations and/or Supply Chain Management within a B2C/DTC environment
- Proven experience with digitalisation and integration of Value Chain Operations (Digital Product Management)
- Strong Planning and Analytical skills
- Experience with managing industry partners. You bring negotiation skills.
- You preferably have a LEAN methodology background/experience that can be applied to a fast growing environment
- You are a leader and will set up your team for true success. You bring a excellence mentality to the table while leaving a lot of smiles on people's faces. You are able to manage teams across the globe
- Hopefully you will bring many more things to the table, but let's start with the above.
What’s on offer:
- A key leadership role in a fast growing environment
- A no-nonsense, forward-leaning entrepreneurial team with passion for cycling and quality
- A global oriented company with a team in Norway as well as Taiwan
- A competitive remuneration, aligned with experience level
- An opportunity to leave a footprint in the fast growing cycling industry