Hammerhead (United States) - Hammerhead is tech startup creating the perfect software platform for the sport of cycling. At present we are focused on the Karoo, the next generation of bicycle computer. We are a team of athletes, creators, and doers who get to spend our time building the finest product in our category, for the benefit of the sport we love. The Karoo shipped in March of 2018 and is used by thousands of customers around the world.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to augment our team in building out best-in-class features for our Android-based cycling computer. This position reports to the head of software and operates as a member of a cross-functional Agile development team in a mixed hardware and software environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for delivering high-quality products. The product has a heavy Android focus along with web-based cloud componentry. Ideally, the candidate has experience in cycling or with components related to the product such as mapping, routing, and wireless sensor integration.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write Android software (and other cloud-based components as needed)
- Work happily in a self-organizing team with high-ownership and become a teammate trusted to deliver outstanding results.
- Be a fully committed member of our cross-functional Agile development team
- Delivers qualified features incrementally in 2-week iterations that include delivery to end-users
- Love writing software and creating cool stuff
- Amazingly proficient, capable, and effective at the job, with a managed ego
- Value the output of the team over individual interests/productivity
- Willing to say what is true, even when it isn’t what others want to hear so that the most informed decisions can be made along the path
- A solid work ethic. Gets tremendous satisfaction from delivering features to customers
- Is fun to work and collaborate with
To join us you must:
Be on this mission to win:
We are not here to take part in our category, we are here to take it over. We are working on applying some of the most interesting technology to some of the most exciting applications. We’ve built a strong team from around the world. We have extremely ambitious goals for the future as well as the team to seize them. You must bring enthusiasm, aggression, and the determination to succeed, excited by the prospect of working hard, in the full confidence that your colleagues are too.
Accept extreme ownership:
We do not believe in work/life balance. It’s all life, and it is short. We believe in spending it doing something meaningful, with people you admire, enjoy, and respect. Our culture is defined by the things that we do right, when it would be easier to do them wrong. You must be willing to admit your own mistakes, develop a plan to overcome them, and blame no one else. You must set this example for the team that you directly lead and grow.
Specific qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- 5 or more years of experience as a software engineer
- Android development: Kotlin programming language, Frameworks (libraries): Rx-java & Mobius, Bluetooth/other RF
- Cloud Technologies: Docker, Golang, AWS, CouchDb
- Software Operations: Git, GitHub - (using pull request for reviews), Jenkins for build and deployment automation, Atlassian (JIRA and Confluence)
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum process
- Ideally is a cyclist or has cycling industry experience
- You must be authorized to work in the United States