Withings (France) - Move ECG allows anyone to easily monitor their cardiovascular health and prevent heart conditions through a sleek analog watch with a one year battery life.
Withings, pioneer of connected health movement and analog connected watches, announced Withings Move ECG, the world’s first analog watch to record an electrocardiogram (ECG) on-demand, allowing people to easily and affordably monitor their cardiovascular health at any time and detect heart conditions such as atrial fibrillation (AFib).
Known for bringing Activité, the first activity tracker built into a traditional watch design, to market in 2014, Withings is committed to creating beautifully designed products that are simple for people to incorporate into their daily lives to monitor their health and reach their wellness goals. Honored with a CES Innovation Award, Move ECG embodies this mission by combining medical grade heart monitoring technology with the popular connected analog watch design and superior battery life of up to one year, making it easy and enjoyable to wear and monitor health levels from day to night.
Cardiovascular Early Warning System:
Move ECG brings a new level of heart monitoring to the traditional analog watch with its ability to take an electrocardiogram on-demand to help detect AFib, the most common heart arrhythmia. AFib is a serious form of irregular heart rhythm that can lead to fatigue, shortness of breath and heart failure. It is also known to be a major risk for stroke.
The CDC estimates six million people in the U.S. have AFib. The condition, however, is often underdiagnosed as its symptoms are not always present and can easily be missed if they are not occurring during infrequent doctors’ visit.
“The ability for people to take an ECG in real-time as they experience a symptom such as palpitation or shortness of breath makes the Withings Move ECG a game changer,” said Eric Carreel, President of Withings. “While providing medical grade measurements, the elegant watch looks nothing like a bulky medical device. With Move ECG we have created a cardiovascular early warning system that can be worn every day, can capture and record cardiovascular events as they occur and help reduce the risks of heart disease.”
On-Demand ECG on the Wrist:
Traditional ECG devices have long been associated with bulky, unattractive and complicated products. With Move ECG, users can still monitor their heart health levels through a discreet and simple gesture, without having to give up their style preferences or daily routine.
Move ECG includes three electrodes to ensure measurement accuracy. Two electrodes are discreetly integrated inside the main body of the watch, and the third electrode is in the stainless steel bezel of the watch. When users experience symptoms such as palpitation, they simply need to touch both sides of the bezel to start recording anytime and anywhere.
After less than 30 seconds of measurement, Move ECG vibrates to notify users that the reading is complete. It then syncs automatically with the Health Mate app, which displays whether the heart is beating in a normal pattern or whether there are signs of AFib. Additionally, users can find a detailed graph of long-term heart rate trends and ECG readings in Health Mate. Data collected by Move ECG and visualized in Health Mate can easily be shared with a doctor or healthcare professional, which can help assist with early diagnosis and prevention.
All Day Activity Tracking:
Move ECG connects to the dedicated Health Mate app for iOS and Android that provides data, insights, scheduled activity reminders, set goals and manages successes. It also connects with more than 100 third-party apps such as Apple Health, Google Fit, or MyFitnessPal. In addition to monitoring people’s heart health, Move ECG is also packed with the advanced activity and sleep tracking features users have come to expect from Withings, including:
Activity & Workout Tracking:
- Ability to track calories burned, pace, distance, workout routes and for the first time in a Withings Watch – elevation, as tracking floors climbed is helpful to those focused on heart health goals
- Step count progress is shown at the watch’s sub-dial. Users can see at a glance how far they are from their set daily step count goal based on 0 to 100 percent
- Automatic recognition of daily activities including walking, running, swimming and for the first time on a Withings watch, cycling and stairs climbed. Sessions that are automatically detected are recorded in the Health Mate app which shows the duration and calories burned during a given activity. Overall daily and weekly steps, calories burned, floors climbed and distance are also shown within the app
- On-demand workout mode allows users to record a specific session by pressing a button on the watch to activate its connected GPS (via BLE) feature. Pace, time and distance are shown in realtime on a paired smartphone, and the workout route is mapped after the session in the Health Mate app
- Water resistance up to 50 meters and up to 12 months battery life
- Sophisticated sleep monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns, including the length, depth and quality of sleep
- Smart Wake-up that will wake users with vibration alarms at the most optimal times during their sleep cycle
- Provision of preparatory Sleep Score based on data such as sleep duration, depth regularity and interruptions
- Access to the Sleep Smarter Program, consisting of eight weeks of recommendations to improve sleep patterns
Move ECG will be available in Q2 2019 for $129.95. Its watch face will be available in both white and black, and people will be able to choose from a variety of wristband colors and material options to complement each user’s personal style. Withings Move ECG is a medical-grade device currently under review for FDA and CE clearance.