Specialized (United States) - Press Release: Yep, you read that right—the Allez Sprint now comes with disc brakes, and trust us, we're just as excited as you are. High-speed crit racing, everyday road riding—whatever your riding style is, disc brakes make it better. That's because they bring better stopping power, more modulation, and more control to your ride. And when you combine that with the durability, aerodynamics, and ride quality that the Allez is known for, you get something pretty special. You get the Allez Sprint Comp Disc.
At the heart of the Allez Sprint is our D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, which strategically places more welding material where it's needed, resulting in an aluminum bike that's more compliant and considerably stiffer. How stiff, exactly? It's the stiffest alloy bike we've ever tested, let alone made. Drawing inspiration from the Rider-First Engineered™ Tarmac, this frame also has a unique down tube, bottom bracket shell, and head tube, plus fork sizes that correspond to frame size. This ensures uniform performance across the entire size run.
To make sure that every single watt you produce gets transferred to the road, we gave it short chainstays that create an extremely stiff and rigid rear triangle. But it goes beyond just pure rigidity, as the hydroformed tube shapes have also been aerodynamically optimized to slice through the wind, while also providing tons of built-in compliance.
For the build, we spec'd it with Shimano 105 shifting and hydraulic disc brakes, DT R470 Disc alloy wheels, and a comfortable Body Geometry Toupé saddle. With all of these features, the Allez Sprint Comp Disc redefines the potential of an alloy bike, so much so, that you'll forget you're not riding carbon.
- E5 Premium Aluminum frame with Allez D'Aluisio Smartweld Sprint Technology refocuses weld locations, allowing for more material to be placed strategically for increased stiffness and compliance where you need it most
- Our top-tier Tarmac Disc FACT carbon fiber fork provides incredible stiffness and front-end steering response, while also efficiently absorbing road chatter
- Shimano 105 hydraulic disc brakes provide both superior stopping power and modulation when compared to their rim counterparts
Allez Sprint Comp Disc Specifications:
- Bottom Bracket: Praxis 6806 bearings
- Chain: KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- Crankset: Praxis Zayante, BB30
- Shift Levers: Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 R7000
- Cassette: Shimano R7000, 11-speed, 11-28t
- Chainrings: 52/36T
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 R7000 GS, medium cage, 11-speed
- Fork: Tarmac SL6 Disc fork, full carbon, flat-mount, 1-1/8" to 1-1/2" taper
- Saddle: Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Binder: Allez Sprint Aero
- Tape: Specialized S-Wrap
- Seatpost: Specialized Venge Aero seatpost, FACT carbon
- Handlebars: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Stem: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Rear Wheel: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Inner Tubes: Presta, 40mm valve
- Front Tire: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tire: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Front Wheel: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Front Brake: Shimano 105 R7070, flat-mount disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano 105 R7070, flat-mount disc
- Pedals: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors
- Frame: Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum w/D'Aluisio Smartweld Sprint Technology, hydroformed aluminum tubing, tapered head tube, OSBB