Ibis Cycles (United States) - Press Release: The new Ripmo AF (Aluminum Frame) brings the award-winning performance of the carbon Ripmo to a wider, rowdier audience. It’s everything we love from the carbon Ripmo, plus a few tweaks. Best of all, complete bikes start at only $2,999.
With its gravity-friendly 64.9 degree head tube angle, the AF is at home pointed down the most rugged slopes, but that doesn’t steal from its climbing efficiency. It shares the same 76 degree seat tube angle and our dw-link linkage as the Carbon Ripmo, meaning you can get that Ibis feel in a slightly rowdier, noticeably less-expensive package.
A more progressive leverage ratio makes the frame both air and coil shock compatible. The AF’s suspension kinematics leave the suspension feeling supple throughout the entirety of the stroke, while enhancing traction no matter how deep in the travel you get.
For those looking for a bike they can push, look no further. The Ripmo AF delivers day in, day out. It comes back begging for more, whether it’s aiming for a rowdier descent, or getting radder on your ride to or from the trail. It brings Ibis quality and performance to a subset of riders we’ve always wanted to address—shredders, your ride is here.
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Frame Weight: 8.25 lbs / 3.74 kg (size M with DVO Topaz Air)
- Wheel Size: 29” / up to 2.6" tires
- Front Travel: 160mm
- Rear Travel: 147mm
- Boost Axles: 148mm rear / 110mm front
- Seatpost Diameter: 31.6mm
- Rear Brake: Post mount / 203mm max rotor
- Chainstay Length: 435mm
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded (73mm English threaded)
- ISCG 05 Compatible: Optional removable adapter
- Tapered Headtube: ZS44 upper / ZS56 lower
- Colors: Metal or Red Savina
- Sizes: S / M / L / XL
- Frame Warranty: 7 years