Kinesis UK (United Kingdom) - Press Release: Experience the road bike thrill of aluminium performance with impeccable handling and all-day ride comfort. Welcome to the brand-new Kinesis R2.
R2 is a modern-day road bike ideally suited to those looking for good pace in their ride with the added prospect of something a little more adventurous if desired.
Customer feedback led us to tweak the recipe to cater to even more riders and R2 features a Shimano 2x10 drivetrain, providing plentiful gear range. No matter whether you like to tackle big climbs, bomb fast descents, or get your head down on the flat roads then R2 will get you there with ease.
Our experience spans over two decades of aluminium frame design. Drawing on this we created the R2 with a lightweight double butted 6061 Alloy tube blend that delivers a light and responsive ride feel. Good alloy frames have rightly earned their place with a ride quality can easily trump that of cheap carbon frames. Our impeccable weld quality and attention to detail come as standard. Internal down tube cable routing keeps the R2 looking clean and the servicing practical. Rack and guard mounts open up all seasons riding, along with ample clearance for bigger tyres with full guards.
Up front our custom full “UD carbon” fork keeps weight low and takes out road buzz whilst feeling direct and accurate at all times. Jumping onboard is easy with our Kinesis “Rider Fit Geometry” which has been developed for comfortable all-day rides. A simple to understand choice of four sizes ensures a great fit for almost all rider sizes.
- Lightweight double butted 6061 Alloy tube blend that delivers a light and responsive ride feel.
- Custom full “UD carbon” fork keeps weight low and takes out road buzz whilst feeling direct and accurate at all times.
- Full Tiagra 4720 20 speed groupset.
- Hydraulic Shimano Tiagra disc brakes are brilliantly reliable and handle the stopping duties with minimum effort.
- Continental’s Grand Sport Race in 32c, hitting the sweet spot for grip, cornering and low rolling resistance.
- Colour: Black Gold.
- Frame: Kinesis R2 Double Butted Alloy 6061.
- Fork: Kinesis R2 Full UD Carbon.
- Headset: FSA Sealed Bearing No. 42 Integrated Road.
- Shift Levers: Shimano Tiagra ST-4720.
- Rear Mech: Shimano Tiagra RD-4700.
- Front Mech: Shimano Tiagra FD-4700.
- Chain: Shimano HG-51.
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano CN-HG54.
- Brakes: Shimano Tiagra BR-4770 Hydraulic.
- Rotors: Shimano RT64 160mm.
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG500 10 speed 11-34.
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra FC-4700 50/34t. S: 170mm, M & L: 172.5mm, XL: 175mm.
- Front Hub: Alloy, Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12 mm x 100 mm Through Axle.
- Rear Hub: Alloy, Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12 mm x 142 mm Through Axle.
- Rims: Alex Rims 1.9P Tubeless Compatible.
- Tyre: Continental Grand Sport Race 32c.
- Seatpost: Kinesis Alloy 6061 27.2 mm x 350 mm.
- Handlebar: Kinesis Alloy 6061 S(51):42 cm M(54):44 cm L(57):44 cm XL(60):46 cm.
- Stem: Kinesis Alloy 6061 6° Rise S(51):80mm M(54):90mm L(57):90mm XL(60):100mm.
- Bar Tape: Black Cork Bar Tape.
- Saddle: Selle Italia X3 Black.
- Bike Weight: 10.1 kg Complete (Size Large 57 cm)