Transition Bikes (United States) - Transition Bikes is hiring a Purchasing & Demand planning position. This individual will be responsible for placing and maintaining vendor PO’s, as well as working within the organization to communicate timelines, make changes, and forecast demand. This data-driven role requires a technical mindset, strong computer analytics skills, and the ability to organize and present data clearly to stakeholders.
- Place production orders to vendors and sub-vendors. Study sales data with consideration of outside factors in order to determine detailed product breakdowns.
- Work with vendors to monitor and update ETA information in our systems. Effectively communicate production and delivery information with product, sales, and marketing departments and work to find creative solutions for adapting to changing production/delivery timelines.
- Work with the product department to plan the start of production for new and updated models. Coordinate with the sales department to determine the target embargo/release date based on monthly production capacities and start of production dates.
- Work with the sales department and product department for demand planning and forecasting. Provide forecast information to vendors in order to secure production capacity and required timing with suppliers.
- Serve as a communication channel between the sales, marketing, and product departments in order to understand the market potential for new projects in order to determine overall volume, based on specific SKU breakdown, price points, and other key product requirements.
- Work with the Sales Director to continuously monitor and maintain inventory levels amongst our sales channels. Identify overstock situations where products may need to be discounted or closed out.
- Work closely with the sales, marketing, and product department to ensure all SKUs are sold through in an appropriate timeline due to replacement spec or other updates.
- College degree or equivalent life experience.
- High level computer skills, specifically a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, with the ability to learn new ERP programs
- 3+ years of data analysis and forecasting strongly preferred.
- Understanding of bicycle supply chain structure preferred.
- Passport in good standing and ability to travel as needed.
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Location: Bellingham, WA Job Type: Full Time, Salary + Benefits. Compensation DOE.
Posting Active Until: 10/10/22.