Surly Bikes (United States) - Press Release: Wednesday is a great all-around fat bike that has the soul of a trail bike and mind of a touring bike
The All-Around Fat Bike:
Wednesday sits in the middle of our Trail category, but don’t let that fool you into thinking that’s its only use. With Wednesday, we borrowed elements from some of our Trail and Touring models to create a versatile fat tire trail bike that can truly handle anything you want to attempt.
If you do an equal amount of off-road touring as you do hitting trails, Wednesday’s ability to play both parts equally will suit you well. Or, if you’re looking for a fat bike and don’t need the fattest tires on the market, Wednesday’s 26 x 4.6” tire clearance is just the ticket.
“Any day of the week’s a great day to ride a Wednesday.”
- Modern mountain standards: stealth dropper post routing, 44mm headtube, suspension correction, front and rear thru-axles
- Full suite of useful braze-ons: front and rear racks, multiple sets of three-pack mounts, fenders
- Full-forward, short chainstay position: 26 x 3.8˝ tires on 80mm rims; full-rearward, longer chainstay position: 26 x 4.6˝ tires on an 80mm rim
- Frame: Surly Wednesday, 100% Surly 4130 Chromoly steel.
- Fork: Surly Wednesday, Tapered straight blade 4130 Chromoly.
- Seatpost Clamp: Stainless 33.1 collar, Black
- Headset: Cane Creek 10
- Brakes: Tektro HD-M275 / M276, 160mm rotors front & rear
- Shifter: SRAM SX Eagle
- Stem: 4 bolt 31.8mm
- Handlebar: 31.8mm 11 degree
- Saddle: WTB Volt
- Seatpost: 30.9
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle DUB
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB
- Front Derailleur: n/a
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
- Cog or cogset: SRAM PG-1210 Eagle 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM SX Eagle x12
- Front hub: 150 x 15mm thru-axle, 32h, black
- Rear hub: 177 x 12mm thru-axle, 32h, black
- Rims: Surly My Other Brother Darryl, 80mm w/speedholes
- Tires: Surly Nate 26 x 3.8˝, 60tpi, tubeless ready